This project is read-only.

The "ShaderCompile" task was not found

Jul 12, 2011 at 2:46 PM

All -

Please help.

I am trying to load the project and run the source code in Visual Studio Web Developer Express 2010.

I am getting a few of the following compile-time-errors (CTEs)...

Error 1 The "ShaderCompile" task was not found. Check the following: 1.) The name of the task in the project file is the same as the name of the task class. 2.) The task class is "public" and implements the Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask interface. 3.) The task is correctly declared with <UsingTask> in the project file, or in the *.tasks files located in the "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319" directory. C:\Temp\Babylon.Toolkit\Babylon.Toolbox\Babylon.Toolbox.csproj 35 5 Babylon.Toolbox

...so what is the way around it?

Please advise.

Thank you.

- Mark Kamoski

Jul 12, 2011 at 2:50 PM
Hi,
you have to install the ShaderBuildTaskSetup.msi presents in the lib folder of the Babylon.Toolbox project
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:46 PM
To: [email removed]
Subject: The "ShaderCompile" task was not found [babylontoolkit:264826]

All -

Please help.

I am trying to load the project and run the source code in Visual Studio Web Developer Express 2010.

I am getting a few of the following compile-time-errors (CTEs)...

Error 1 The "ShaderCompile" task was not found. Check the following: 1.) The name of the task in the project file is the same as the name of the task class. 2.) The task class is "public" and implements the Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask interface. 3.) The task is correctly declared with <UsingTask> in the project file, or in the *.tasks files located in the "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319" directory. C:\Temp\Babylon.Toolkit\Babylon.Toolbox\Babylon.Toolbox.csproj 35 5 Babylon.Toolbox

...so what is the way around it?

Please advise.

Thank you.

- Mark Kamoski

Jul 12, 2011 at 3:53 PM
Deltakosh wrote:
Hi,
you have to install the ShaderBuildTaskSetup.msi presents in the lib folder of the Babylon.Toolbox project

Deltakosh -

Excellent.

That worked great and all the CTEs are gone.

Thank you.

- Mark Kamoski